Track Day General Chat!

Upcoming MGEC Track Day discussions and information

Moderator: MGEC Committee

AndrewR
MGEC Current Member
MGEC Current Member

Post by AndrewR » Sun Mar 09, 2008 6:43 pm

Seems most people had a pretty good day - despite the heat (which is not something anybody can control). Track time has a tendency to find weaknesses in road cars...

Ian and Tristan put in a lot of work, one thing that made it harder was getting enough people to help out (the heat wouldn't have helped).
Thanks to the people running the BBQ/Drinks - the drinks wet down very well.

The people who went out would say that the effort was worthwhile - but the club needs all the help they can get to run an event like this.

benno11
General Forum User

Post by benno11 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:03 pm

Yeah what a great day.
Personally.. Car went fantastic in the heat and was very happy with my 3 sessions.
Id also like to thank the organises. You guys put in an incredible effort. Special thanks to Ian, Tristan, Kerri, and Kate, also to the other officals like flaggies, CAMS, and FIV guys. Without your efforts an event like todays wouldnt happen.
Also Paul the MGEC official Camea man.... Im looking forward to seeing some great snaps.
Brenton

265T
General Forum User

Post by 265T » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:06 pm

benno11 wrote:Also Paul the MGEC official Camea man.... Im looking forward to seeing some great snaps.

http://gsr-evo-club.net/forum/viewtopic ... 1115#91115

Catford
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Catford » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:32 pm

GSR93 wrote:saw the blue phillcomrally evo 9 or 8 cant remeber but it was crazy sounded pretty loud when it was flyin past the stands loved it the old man who was driving it was pushing it pretty hard lol

Andy - you lucky that he is so old he doesnt know how to access this forum! He was pushing so hard that he nearly broke down in the heat when he found out that at yet another track day meet he is still yet to be the quickest around Mallala in our evo!

rotorchik
General Forum User

Post by rotorchik » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:34 pm

Thankyou to everyone that organised today and to all the people that helped out! I had an awesome time. Most fun I've ever had! I was a bit slow at first because it's my first time on the track, but I feel I improved as the day went on so I'm happy! Got very sunburnt, but that was my fault I guess :oops: My Dad also had a great time, I think he was very happy to be back on the track after such a long time and in a much better car! Was good to meet some new people! A bit disappointing I was the only girl out there! :lol:

Elise :D
KG: Gimme a powerslide. Full throttle.
JB: sssshhhhh...
[Hissing while performing a horrible powerslide]
KG: How did that feel?
JB: Really good. How did it look?
KG: Amazing... ly bad.

265T
General Forum User

Post by 265T » Sun Mar 09, 2008 7:37 pm

Catford wrote: he is still yet to be the quickest around Mallala in our evo!

he might be quicker if he stays out the dirt

AussieExotics.com - Click here for hi-res

Catford
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Catford » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:02 pm

Mini Event Wrap Up:

On the side of the road Robbie saw a massive Roo sitting on the road near Bundaleer Forest, and I nearly grazed a Hare on steroids! Then near Balaklava I saw a Blue Peacock in the shade of the trees! - A Peacock!

Keen people on the gate early and the event was away!

Special notes:
Babis running ridiculously low coil overs, enough to make my liberty and the hilux shameful! Babis, Aris, Brenton, Brad, and Robbie looked scarily fast out there! Good to see the evos dancing on 3 wheels in some parts of the track (AYC going nuts) - great opportunity to be out in the flaggy box! Looked like all entrants turned it up to get the best from the stupid conditions. This needs to be said - Vu Le you are mad cut snake (how do you get around those corners)??? No one was hurt or injured - in the last lap of the last session saw a late off seeing someone hitting a tire wall at turn 7. Well done to the officials/firies to get immediate aid to the driver/car. Also a note of Steve Chapman from Australian Motors who made it possible to get the Evo X out for a course car and Paul Stanton for the awesome photography.

MGEC Committee
MGEC Members
On lookers
Officials and the lot.
Australian Motors

Ian Wallace for hosting the event off his own back. With out support and knowledge like his, the event today would surely been disappointing. I speak for all - and repeat for those who have already thanked - Ian (Siggo) Wallace, Cheers mate.

Kate and Kerri for their slavery to keep everyone cool, refreshed, and full - most with curdled guts from the cream bakery items and coke! Support and effort much appreciated by MGEC, the committee and all that attended. Not bad for non-members!

Andrew R for helping officiate and bringing equipment and the like to make the the cooks life easier.

Good team effort IMO, looking forward to more comments and pics.

Tristan Catford
Last edited by Catford on Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

General Forum User

Post by 300477 » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:10 pm

Seems like its all already been said. Thats what i get for having a little nap.

Nice work to all involved. Especially Ian.

265T
General Forum User

Post by 265T » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:26 pm

Catford wrote: This needs to be said - Vu Le you are mad cut snake (how do you get around those corners)???

AussieExotics.com - Click here for hi-res

SammyB
General Forum User

Post by SammyB » Sun Mar 09, 2008 8:30 pm

Also a big thanks to Brad & Elise for being hospitable :P Anyone know what happened to the red corolla in the end, seems his brakes locked up in front of us & just kept going, hope he's ok...
[RVN 007] 1978 J-Spec S1 RX-7

Sleeper_GSR
General Forum User

Post by Sleeper_GSR » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:10 pm

rotorchik wrote:Thankyou to everyone that organised today and to all the people that helped out! I had an awesome time. Most fun I've ever had! I was a bit slow at first because it's my first time on the track, but I feel I improved as the day went on so I'm happy! Got very sunburnt, but that was my fault I guess :oops: My Dad also had a great time, I think he was very happy to be back on the track after such a long time and in a much better car! Was good to meet some new people! A bit disappointing I was the only girl out there! :lol:

Elise :D

I was in your group and you defiantly improved as the day went on. Hope to see you at the next one and maybe a few other girls will follow your lead.

Today was great and I though everyone did a great job in pulling the event together.

It was great to get my car on the track to see what I could do in it. It appears it likes to be sideways (hope someone got some pics of some of my high quality driving).

thanks again to everyone who put the day together.

AndrewR
MGEC Current Member
MGEC Current Member

Post by AndrewR » Sun Mar 09, 2008 9:52 pm

SammyB wrote:Also a big thanks to Brad & Elise for being hospitable :P Anyone know what happened to the red corolla in the end, seems his brakes locked up in front of us & just kept going, hope he's ok...

By the looks of it, brakes just didn't work - was a bit of smoke from rear right but hardly any retardation as he went straight through the runoff area and ended up with the front on top of the tyre wall.

Heard he's OK, not a huge amount of damage to the car by the looks of it either (front bumper and some panel damage by the looks).

ADAMTME
General Forum User

Post by ADAMTME » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:15 pm

I went out at about 11;30 and left at about 1.

Not to many people out there and i didnt know any one or see any one that i knew.

Matt's mirage is insane on the track, it a rear weapon! LOVE IT!

Only saw the one TME out there near the shed and nothing else!

Catford
Committee Member
Committee Member

Post by Catford » Sun Mar 09, 2008 10:39 pm

Sleeper_GSR wrote:It was great to get my car on the track to see what I could do in it. It appears it likes to be sideways (hope someone got some pics of some of my high quality driving).

Only mental pictures - start/finish entrance was entertaining Shawn, looked very twitchy! I could hear your brakes squeel at hairpin turn 7 from the grandstand!

adamgsr wrote:Only saw the one TME out there near the shed and nothing else!

I spotted some perving - appologies for not saying hello - i didnt know if i was coming or going... should i be flagging, BBQing, or car maintainence! I did chase your old GSR out the gates, but was way to fast for me... Looked great loaded up with fans, dumped on its guts. awesome.

Siggo
General Forum User

Post by Siggo » Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:21 am

adamgsr wrote:I went out at about 11;30 and left at about 1.

Not to many people out there and i didnt know any one or see any one that i knew.

Matt's mirage is insane on the track, it a rear weapon! LOVE IT!

Only saw the one TME out there near the shed and nothing else!

Adam, the dirty TME was mine. Sorry I missed you. Bummer! I wanted to encourage you about the joys of TME's !

Return to “Track Day March 9th 2008”