Track day entrants list

Upcoming MGEC Track Day discussions and information

Moderator: MGEC Committee

Track day entrants list

Postby LUNATIC on Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:15 pm

Hi guys. I had a request to change a name on the Track day entrants list.

Shane Bennett's shouting his father (Ian Bennett) an entry as a surprise. His father appeared on the entrants list and Shane felt that this gave the game away so he requested that I change it. It's now been changed to "Shane Bennett - as the stig"

Just thought i'd give you guys a heads-up to avoid confusion. If there's any problem don't hesitate to contact myself or shane, or just go ahead and change it back :)

Cheers, Mick
LUNATIC
General Forum User

Postby Sonic on Tue Feb 26, 2008 10:54 pm

No probs.......although Id be surprised if his dad logs on here!!! and if he does Im pretty sure a second entry under shane is going to be a give away anyway. Shuld have just left it as Charmae and they would have thought we were just slack and been none the wiser.

Jaime
Name: Jaime
Car: Evolution V
Sonic
MGEC Current Member
MGEC Current Member

Postby LUNATIC on Fri Feb 29, 2008 9:41 pm

Ok, Shane contacted me this evening and wanted the list changed............again.

Him and his father will be sharing the car, so he wanted it listed as one entry - so I changed it for him.

Obviously i'm not playing any part in the organisation of the track day, so if anyone's got any problems with the change then you can change it back. In future i'll palm it off to someone organising the day

Cheers, Mick
LUNATIC
General Forum User

Postby qiksilvr3 on Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:02 pm

As long as the correct fees are paid for this entry.
EVO III 219 kW and dropping.

who said 4wd can't drift!
I'm not speeding, I'M, QUALIFYING
qiksilvr3
General Forum User

Postby Siggo on Sat Mar 08, 2008 1:19 pm

If you want, it might be time to tell our members what's going on for Sunday.

Copy and paste this or change it round as you want guys.
I'm sure there will be some who will find things they can complain about...but F*&^ them

We were approached by the GP Rally organisers some time back asking for track time on Sunday 9th when we have our day. At that time they planned 70 entries and we declined.
However, they came back to say they had dropped to 25 entries and again asked for help.
We drafted some strict terms and conditions and a suitable fee which they accepted. We ensured that our own entrants would still get the same track time or more as if the 25 had entered our event ie up to our limit.
Now we are essentially full. There are another 25 entries who will be given some group time during the afternoon only. The number of sessions for our normal entrants will be more than if we had filled these 25 spots with normal entries, because they will get no time in the morning and will use a few 30 minute time slots in the afternoon, while we cool down!
The cars are entrants in the Grand Prix Rally run by Events Australia who will be supplying their own support and CAMS cover etc while using the time blocks.
This arrangement is great for our club (prevents a financial loss) and gives us some extra entertainment and photo opportunities as well.
Cheers Siggo and Sonic
Siggo
General Forum User

Return to Track Day March 9th 2008