Mrs fault - the bonnet wasnt closed properly!!

Nominate in here..... read the funny stories

Moderator: MGEC Committee

Mrs fault - the bonnet wasnt closed properly!!

Postby EVO-00X on Fri Aug 11, 2006 10:12 am

OK, last year I went for a trip to QLD to buy my Mrs an unregistered 1998 Proton M21 coupe for a bargain. I had special permission from the RTA to drive it back to NSW on a Thursday night which went without a hitch. The next day (Friday) I spent most of the day tidying and cleaning up the car and getting it detailed. I repaired some minor damage and got it ready for a blue slip to transfer into NSW rego. As expected it was easy to re-rego on Saturday morning and we spent the day cruising around with no hassle at all with big grins on our faces because we knew that we got a great deal and were extremely happy with our purchase.

Come Monday I went to work and reminded the Mrs to get the car insured but she was so busy that the day had passed and there was no time to do it. She did however place both our other 2 cars in the local newspaper for sale the coming weekend. This meant we had 3 cars on the road and life was good...

Tuesday morning I went to work again and told her to get the M21 insured ASAP and all was planned to have it done around lunchtime. Little did I know that she had to go down the street in the morning and in her wisdom (god love her for trying to look after her own car) she popped the hood and was checking the water and oil in the car before setting off on her merry way 8)

About half an hour later I got a phone call and she was crying and upset. She didnt close the bonnet properly and it had flung back at 100kmh smashing the windscreen and crushing the front of the roof about 6 inches lower.... :roll: I ended up having to buy a new bonnet, windscreen and roof turret and have them all painted and fitted - so much for a bargain :roll: The car was towed home and I began getting things organised for the repairs...

That weekend come about and both our other 2 cars sold early Saturday morning :roll: We had 3 cars the week before, and none the week after. I had to borrow a friends car to get to work and back until the M21 got fixed :lol:
EVO-00X
General Forum User

Re: Mrs fault - the bonnet wasnt closed properly!!

Postby Anthony on Sat Aug 12, 2006 11:38 pm

oh no..... what a disaster.... yeah this would definately make it into the short list of Snap Conrod Award. I guess she knows how to close the bonnet now.
Phillcom Rally - auto performance & accessories
www.phillcomrally.com
1/4 mile is great, but the fun starts at corners
Anthony
General Forum User

Postby Mik_E on Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:25 am

and here is the pic of the Proton :)

153.4 fwkw @ 138 kph on 1 bar boost (no engine mods)

* 13.15 @ 106.49 mph - 27/9/06 *
* 13.40 @ 106.15 mph - 30/8/06 *
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AeduEAWlJRM
Mik_E
General Forum User

Postby ticklenut on Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:46 am

oh ....... ouch
ticklenut
General Forum User

Postby SXYGSR on Thu Aug 17, 2006 8:43 am

ouch mate... thats gotta hurt!
My Forged 4G93 ???KWs AT 4 WHEELS!!!! \r\nREBUILD ALMOST DONE, total cost so far $3255
SXYGSR
General Forum User

Postby EVO-00X on Thu Aug 17, 2006 12:17 pm

My wallet and big plans for the $$ hurt more as we basically had to use half of the money from the sale of one of the other cars to pay for all the repairs - that sucked.... sniff!! :cry: I'm glad that both her and our son come out of it with nothing more than a bit of a fright as you could imagine how loud and quick it would have flung backward and lucky they didnt have an accident and managed to pull over onto the side of the road even though she couldnt see where she was going :roll: All was fixed like new though :wink:

EVO-00X
General Forum User

Return to Snapped Con-Rod Award