what going to happen next week to me ??????

Nominate in here..... read the funny stories

Moderator: MGEC Committee

Postby [S!LV3R] on Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:26 pm

[quote="Sir Revalot"]Not always. If the cop wants you to open your bonnet you are within your rights to ask why. If he makes up some bullcrap reason as to why you should, then you don't have to. Even if he does have what he thinks is a valid reason, you can then ask him to obtain a warrant, because he is effectively searching your car.

Cops have to have reasonable doubt, and If you say no, and cant come up with a good reason why you are saying no, then that could 'possibly' give them reasonable doubt that you are hiding something. Thus they can order you to pop it open.
[S!LV3R]
General Forum User

Postby Sir Revalot on Sun Aug 01, 2004 2:30 pm

You can't win sometimes. Generally if I get pulled over by a Cop, no matter what I've done, it's Yes Officer, no Officer, 3 bags full Officer. Normally get away with most stuff like that. If you start being arrogant or rude they'll do all they can to screw you over.

The thing is tho that you have to stand up for yourself and if they said something about brake dust on my front wheels being a point to defect, I'd just say something along the lines of "Every car that hasn't been cleaned within the last few days will have brake dust on their front wheels, it's a by-product of braking". It's not rude and they can't really argue with that.
Sir Revalot
General Forum User

Postby [S!LV3R] on Sun Aug 01, 2004 3:35 pm

Sorry, should have been clearer - my fault: from what I have heard, Its not brake dust on the wheels, its build up of brake dust on the pads. Which most cars as you say do get over time.
[S!LV3R]
General Forum User

Postby Brescis on Tue Aug 03, 2004 4:55 pm

You can't win sometimes. Generally if I get pulled over by a Cop, no matter what I've done, it's Yes Officer, no Officer, 3 bags full Officer. Normally get away with most stuff like that. If you start being arrogant or rude they'll do all they can to screw you over.

So true ive been pulled over 4 times now and no cop has ever tried defecting me because i do everything they ask and am polite. I try to act like their my best buddy but sumtimes you do get the ones that are c**ts and try to get you for all that they can. But thats life. Also i dont really know how defectable my car is......maybe thats another reason why they havent tried..... :roll:
Brescis
General Forum User

Previous

Return to Snapped Con-Rod Award