Attention Any1 with a 1998 to 2003 Mirage/Lancer (Australia)

Anything that you have found out or learnt from experience which you can share to save us the heartaches and headaches...

Moderator: MGEC Committee

Attention Any1 with a 1998 to 2003 Mirage/Lancer (Australia)

Postby RELEAST on Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:10 pm

Just a Quick note for anyone on this forum that has a 1998 to 2003 mitsubishi mirage or 2 door lancer with 1.5ltr SOHC motor in it

Dont not use the wiring diagramms in the Gregory's workshop manuals as the diagrams are for the USA versions of this car NOT the Australian spec

ive learnt this the had way and now looking at a bill of close to $700 for repair work done on my car due to this mistake made by this company

so my advice if ya going to put an aftermarket ecu on ya mirage/lancer get a haltech (as they make adaption looms for their computers) or if its of another brand get a proper performance tuner/auto electrican to install it unless u wanna pay out the $185 for the workshop CD from Mitsubishis
how can it be a girls car if it hasnt got a make up mirror in the drivers side sun visor?

2003 SSI-R S3 Mirage --- Back on the Road Soon :)
RELEAST
General Forum User

Postby Sonic on Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:44 pm

ah - wrong version of the book hey!!

I purchased the right version of the book from Repco - they use the japan version of the wiring in mine, I bought it when i was doing the DOHC conversion and everything was correct in it that I used.

Jaime
Name: Jaime
Car: Evolution V
Sonic
MGEC Current Member
MGEC Current Member

Postby RELEAST on Tue Feb 12, 2008 7:50 pm

Sonic wrote:ah - wrong version of the book hey!!

I purchased the right version of the book from Repco - they use the japan version of the wiring in mine, I bought it when i was doing the DOHC conversion and everything was correct in it that I used.

Jaime

yeah but u would think tho gregorys being a AUSTRALIAN company they would put AUSTRAILAN wiring diagrams in it considering the book is made for Australia

and i thought it would have been ok considering on the front cover its got a pic of the 2 cars with the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera house in the back ground
how can it be a girls car if it hasnt got a make up mirror in the drivers side sun visor?

RELEAST
General Forum User

Postby Matty-Boi on Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:39 pm

and i thought it would have been ok considering on the front cover its got a pic of the 2 cars with the Sydney Harbour Bridge and Opera house in the back ground

Photoshop is a great program :D
1990 CB GSR (no power)
2003 Ralliart TL Magna (GONE)
1995 Nissan 200sx (YES a turbo finaly)
Matty-Boi
General Forum User

Postby hendo on Thu Feb 14, 2008 9:12 pm

i had the same book was all right maybe you got wires crossed
hendo
Committee Member
Committee Member

Postby RELEAST on Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:25 pm

no wires was crossed, ive had this confirmed by John Keen the wiring diagram in the book i bought is inncorrect

RELEAST
General Forum User

Postby LUNATIC on Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:36 pm

RELEAST wrote:no wires was crossed, ive had this confirmed by John Keen the wiring diagram in the book i bought is inncorrect

Were you holding the book upside down?
LUNATIC
General Forum User

Postby RELEAST on Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:35 am

LUNATIC wrote:
RELEAST wrote:no wires was crossed, ive had this confirmed by John Keen the wiring diagram in the book i bought is inncorrect

Were you holding the book upside down?

wise ass

RELEAST
General Forum User

Return to Tip and Tricks To Share