ACD Lights PUMP FAILURE

Questions and Answers for N/A, Turbo, exhaust, drivetrain, clutch and everything that powers the car. Ask and we'll help.

Moderator: MGEC Committee

ACD Lights PUMP FAILURE

Postby 7sinz on Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:03 pm

Hi guys I have an EVO 7, Recently the three lights have come on the dash and I have had it diagnosed by mitsu and it came up as pump failure. Does anyone have any knowledge on this? I have read other posts that have mentioned that the same thing happened after the intercooler was upgraded? This is what happened to me? Could it be that I have upset a sensor somewhere? any info would be great as a new ACD pump is about $2200.

Thanks in advance guys!
7SINZ
HDI GT Intercooler kit
Turbosmart BOV
Header + 3" TBE
BC 272
Walbro FP
7sinz
General Forum User

Re: ACD Lights PUMP FAILURE

Postby Catford on Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:33 pm

Sounds like a sensor somwhere. I have had the 3 lights pop up for various sensor failures...

Any other characteristics to accompany the 3 lights?
Catford
Committee Member
Committee Member

Postby 7sinz on Sun Jun 05, 2011 12:05 pm

Thanks for the reply mate, nothing else to report to be honest, no other notice able changes in the car? strange? I think a sensor to but im unsure how to locate the sensor that has failed? We connected it to a Mitsu MUTT 2 and still couldnt locate which exact sensor it was? any ideas?
7SINZ
HDI GT Intercooler kit
Turbosmart BOV
Header + 3" TBE
BC 272
Walbro FP
7sinz
General Forum User

Postby noozle on Tue Jun 17, 2014 6:35 pm

I had this issue a few years back in my 7...I had 2 codes pump fail and pump relay fail. took me months of mucking around to diagnose but ended up being the ACD ECU. borrowed one of SKR to test and fixed the issue. bought one off mike dale from memory. let me know if u need more detail.
noozle
General Forum User

Postby cvd on Wed Jun 25, 2014 9:32 pm

Got a spare 2nd hand pump for sale if you need it, and computer if it comes to that.
Even got the complete acd.
All from a 7gsr.
cvd
General Forum User

Return to Engine Mod/exhaust/drive train