2013 Rally of SA - 24th - 26th May

Other CAMS Events available for spectating or participating. Entry Level Rally, Come n Try days, etc...

Moderators: Catford, MGEC Committee

2013 Rally of SA - 24th - 26th May

Postby Catford on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:10 pm

Scouts Rally of SA
Friday May 24th / Sunday May 26th
www.scoutsrallysa.com.au

Supp Regs

SARC Round 2
Catford
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: 2013 Rally of SA - 24th - 26th May

Postby Catford on Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:12 pm

www.rally.com.au wrote:Rally SA Could Decide Monkhouse’s Season
Monday, 29 April 2013 09:11

At the start of the year Jack Monkhouse wasn’t even sure if he’d be competing in 2013, but after scraping the funds together to contest the opening two Rounds he finds himself in a strong fourth in the title race and well within striking distance of the points leaders.

Although he resides in Sydney these days, Adelaide is Jack’s home town and he’s confirmed, to the great pleasure of the local rally fans, that he’ll be a definite starter at next month’s Scouts Rally SA.

“Yep, SA is a certainty for me,” he said. “As my home rally it’s obviously pretty economical to enter and contest and I’ll be able to save a heap which could come in handy later in the year.”

Having secured third outright at the season opening National Capital Rally, Monkhouse was determined to get to Western Australia and build on his points tally despite his rear-wheel drive Nissan Silvia being at a disadvantage on the slippery roads.

“I knew we’d probably struggle in WA but I needed to keep my points up with the guys like Eli (Evans) and Scott (Pedder). I knew if I could do that it’d be a huge boost heading not only to my home rally but also the rally that best suits our car,” Jack said.

“If we can get another good result at Rally SA that will be a huge boost for the rest of the year, it’ll put us in a much better position to try to secure more sponsorship.”

“If we don’t have a good rally though that could change things for the rest of the year, it could mean we miss the next couple of Rounds in Queensland and Coffs Harbour and come out again at the end of the year in Melbourne.”

“It’s too early to tell, I obviously want to do the whole year, but if we don’t get a good result in Adelaide it could change things,” continued Jack.

With the majority of the leading drivers listing Monkhouse as the Championship dark horse the ever-sideways driver will be hoping that everything goes his way to South Australia propelling him forwards into the second half of the year.

Catford
Committee Member
Committee Member

Postby Racingroo on Tue Apr 30, 2013 9:31 pm

I'll be there, in the forest, with some beers and a fire, showing my support for all the SA competitors :)
Racingroo
MGEC Current Member
MGEC Current Member

Postby Catford on Sat May 04, 2013 4:17 pm

www.synergyrallysport.com wrote:Image

Scouts Rally SA will host the second round of the SA Rally Championship and also the third round of the national championship. Set in the beautiful surroundings of Mt Crawford Forest and the Outer Adelaide Environs the event is always a crowd pleaser. The New Super Special Stage in Gawler will open the weekend event with thousands expected to watch the national and state rally cars blast through a specially designed track based around the Gawler Sports and Community Centre. The forest stages will again provide great action and Synergy would like to encourage people to head out to the forest stages for some great sideways action. Service Park has been moved back to the Mt Pleasant Showgrounds with plenty of crews in action throughout the Saturday and Sunday. Synergy has entered as a national round competitor hoping to gain some added experience and compete with the nation’s best. “We are looking forward to the challenge. Scouts is always a great event and to be in the same field as the national guys and girls is something I am looking forward to” Josh said. Last year Synergy took out the SARC Group N class and looks forward to competing well in this new category.

Friday 24th May (Gawler Sports and Community Centre)​

Gawler Super Special Stage: 18:00 to 21:00

Price:TBA

Saturday 25th May (Mt Crawford Forest)

From 8:30 – 16:00

FREE​

Sunday 26th May (Mt Crawford Forest)

From 8:30 – 16:00

FREE

​Service Park Times (Mt Pleasant Showgrounds)

Saturday: From 08:00,10:00, 12:30, 14:30 and 16:00

Sunday : From 07:30, 10:30, 12:30, 16:00 (ceremony)

Spectator Links

scoutsrallysa.com.au

facebook.com/scoutsrallysa​

Synergy Welcomes everyone to come by the Synergy Rallysport Service Tent, with plenty of drinks and nibbles for all Synergy Members. Not a member? Go to our Synergy Squad Page.
Catford
Committee Member
Committee Member

Postby Catford on Wed May 08, 2013 10:42 am

Scouts Rally SA ENTRY LIST

Check out the quality of the field! Interestingly enough a Porsche and BMW in 2WD class!
Catford
Committee Member
Committee Member

Postby Racingroo on Sun May 12, 2013 11:58 pm

Sweet! Yeah I saw that 135i posted on the Rally SA facebook! I was like w00t!!
Racingroo
MGEC Current Member
MGEC Current Member

Postby TMEVO on Tue May 14, 2013 10:16 pm

The gawler course looks quick
Should be a good night
TMEVO
General Forum User

Postby Catford on Wed May 15, 2013 1:28 pm

Catford
Committee Member
Committee Member

Postby Catford on Wed May 15, 2013 1:31 pm

Synergy Rallysport wrote:WIN A FAMILY PASS TO SCOUTS RALLY SA

Synergy Rallysport has 3 Family Passes to give away for the Friday Night Super Special Stage at Gawler on the 24th May 2013. Racing from 6pm.

3 lucky winners will receive a Family Pass (2 Adults and 2 children) so enter today!

What you have to do to Enter

1. Go to the contest section on our Facebook page
2. 'Like' the Synergy Rallysport Facebook Page
3. Fill in your Email and Name below
4. You Have Entered
5. Refer this to your friends to increase your chances of Winning.

Already like the page don’t forget to register under the contest section!!

Competition closes Tuesday 21st of May, Get in quick

See Scouts Rally SA for the Gawler stage location.

http://www.facebook.com/SynergyRallyspo ... 9981714413

Catford
Committee Member
Committee Member

Postby Catford on Wed May 15, 2013 6:33 pm

www.rally.com.au wrote:International Rally Star Joins Ford Innate Motorsport At Scouts Rally SA
Tuesday, 07 May 2013 11:23

European based Australian rally driver Molly Taylor will make a surprise appearance at the Scouts Rally SA from 24-26 May for the Ford Innate Motorsport Team.
Fresh from competing in the Rally Acores, a round of the FIA European Rally Championship (ERC) and ready to race at Rally Tour de Corse, held on the French island of Corsica, Taylor will fly into Adelaide on Monday 20 May with regular co-driver Seb Marshall.

“I absolutely love Scouts Rally South Australia and am very excited to have the opportunity to compete. I have always wanted to come back and drive in Australia but needed to concentrate all my efforts in Europe.” Taylor said.
“However this year, Adrian and the guys at Innate have made the car available and they thought it would be a good idea to do the Scouts Rally to allow the team and I to work together before the Australian round of the World Rally Championship (WRC). There is a gap in our ERC calendar after Corsica so it works out perfectly” she [Taylor] added.
Molly’s manager and Director of European rally drivers management company United Business, Pier Liberali said “First of all I would thank the Australian friends for the opportunity which they are giving to our driver Molly Taylor. It’s true that Molly is running a lot in Europe and her season 2013 is concentrated on the European Championship, but I hope that it is very important if she runs in Australia too. The car, given to her by the team, is known very well by Molly and I am sure, according to the relations made by Molly Taylor, that the team has prepared the car in the best way possible. With a lot of gratitude to all the people who will permit to Molly to run the Scouts Rally SA, I’m very happy for this opportunity”.

Taylor is very comfortable in the Ford Fiesta R2, having competed against the best young drivers in the world in the 2011 WRC Academy, all equipped with identical Ford Fiesta R2s. In 2012 she switched to her current mount, a Citroen DS3 R3 and is contesting 8 rounds of the ERC this year with Italian based United Business.

Adrian Coppin from Ford Innate Motorsport said “I am looking forward to having Molly on the team. She has a huge amount of experience in the Ford Fiesta R2 and we are hoping to capitalise on this experience at the Scouts event as we work towards Rally Australia.” Coppin said. “Having two cars running is a great result for Ford.” Coppin added.”

Speaking about the partnership, Dan Ryan, CEO, Scouts South Australia said, “The aim of the worldwide organisation of Scouting is to encourage the physical, intellectual and social development of young people so that they may take a constructive place as members of their local, national and international communities. Having our Scouts involved in many levels of a national motor sport event will serve that aim very well, and provide many relevant opportunities and experiences. Rallying and Scouting have many similar values.

We have many young women in Scouting in Australia who aspire to be the best they can be in their chosen fields of endeavour. Molly’s achievements in her career so far certainly make her a great role model for our Scouting women….and men. We are very excited to have Molly Taylor, an Australian competing on the world stage, at Scouts Rally South Australia.”

Hino Australia’s Alex Stewart said the sponsorship of Molly Taylor continued the company’s long tradition of support for Australian rallying. “For many years we were a sponsor and equipment supplier to Neal Bates and co-driver Coral Taylor in the Australian Rally Championship. We take great pleasure in continuing that family association by sponsoring Coral’s daughter, Molly at Rally South Australia as she builds upon her promising rally career.”

Taylor will re-join the Ford Innate Motorsport later in the year to drive one of the team’s cars in the Australian round of the WRC at Coffs Harbour from 12-15 September alongside regular driver Adrian Coppin in a serious attempt by the team to win the WRC 3 class.
Catford
Committee Member
Committee Member

Postby Catford on Wed May 15, 2013 6:34 pm

www.rally.com.au wrote:Rally SA Entries Showcase Strongest Field Yet
Friday, 10 May 2013 10:35

The entry list for Scouts Rally SA, released tonight, showcases the strongest outright field in the Australian Rally Championship’s recent history, highlighting the remarkable interest in the move to two-wheel drive and promising rally fans an incredible battle for victory at the upcoming Round.
The outright field will be led away by series points leader Eli Evans, who will be chased hard by an incredible field of 18 two-wheel drives. The strength of the leading entries highlights the desire amongst drivers to tackle the East Coast Bullbars Australian Rally Championship in the new breed of rally cars.
Scouts Rally SA will see Eli Evans aim to crack Possum Bourne’s record of most consecutive Round wins in a row, but he will be chased hard by Scott Pedder and Brendan Reeves, while welcome return entries for former regulars Glen Raymond and Molly Taylor will excite spectators heading to the Adelaide hills.

With the bulk of the outright contenders fielding front-drive cars Jack Monkhouse, Will Orders and Nicholas Box will be hoping that the fast and flowing hard-packed roads will play into the hands of their respective rear-drive Nissan’s.
Ahead of the outright field the Classic cars will light up the forests headed by the returning Neal Bates fresh off his victory at the Otago Rally in New Zealand last month. The stand out battle will no doubt be between Bates, a four-time Champion, who will lock horns with twice Champion Barry Lowe .
Adding spice to the SUV category Brett Middleton will finally find some competition from Victorian Mark Fawcett who unveils his Porsche Cayenne.
While in the National 4WD category Justin Dowel will be looking to protect the $2,000 prize pool he offered for any four-wheel drive contender who can knock him off the top step of the podium against a formidable field of local and interstate drivers including Declan Dwyer, Warren Lee and local young gun James Rodda.
52 cars in total will take to the start line on Friday evening ahead of two days of intense action across the forestry and shire roads on the outskirts of Adelaide, stay tuned to rally.com.au for all the news and action from Scouts Rally SA.
Catford
Committee Member
Committee Member

Postby Catford on Wed May 15, 2013 6:36 pm

www.rally.com.au wrote:Wilde Ready To Pounce At Rally SA
Wednesday, 15 May 2013 17:55

WA’s Tom Wilde is set to make his presence felt when he heads to Adelaide for round three of the East Coast Bullbars Australian Rally Championship (ARC), the Scouts Rally SA on May 24 to 26.
The Renault Clio R3 driver is currently third on the ARC leader board with 106 points after notching up a fifth place in round one of the ARC (Canberra’s National Capital Rally) and a third place in round two (WA’s Quit Forest Rally).
Wilde said he was thrilled with his position and believed he and veteran co-driver Bill Hayes, competing together for the first time this year, made an ideal partnership.
“Having Bill in the car is great. We understand each other and think very much alike,” he said.
“He’s not only a great co-driver but also is basically PA for me. There are times in a rally where decisions are made and were only thought of because of the amount of experience he has.”
Wilde’s car had some misfiring and traction issues in the Quit Forest Rally (QFR) but he believed those were fixed and said he didn’t plan to make any major setup changes for the Scouts Rally SA.
“We may try a different gear ratio to suit the fast Adelaide roads but I'm just hoping for a trouble free run and I can start to knock on the door of the front runners,” he said.
Wilde expected Evans and Pedder to again be quick but he was also aware the rear-wheel-drive Nissan Silvias of Jack Monkhouse and Will Orders (who has WA’s Toni Feaver in the co-driver’s seat) should be fast on the open shire roads.
Fellow West Aussie Nicholas Box was also on Wilde’s radar: “I also think Nic Box could be a threat once he starts to get a handle on the car. It certainly showed some signs at QFR that it's got potential.”
But Box didn’t feel like he was in a position to be competitive yet.
The Perth driver who debuted his Nissan 370Z at QFR, said time pressures meant the car was not as ready as he would like it to be.
“We’re not really racing anyone at the moment. We’re still in the development phase,” he said.
“It’s a shame because this event would really suit this car if we were ready for it.”
The Scouts Rally SA is a three-day event that kicks off on Friday night with a super spectator stage in Gawler.
It covers the Barossa, Mount Crawford and Murrayland regions. The headquarters are in Adelaide and the service in the Barossa Valley at Mt Pleasant.
Other WA competitors will include Adrian DiLallo in a Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI and Graeme Miles in a Subaru Impreza WRX who are both entered in the 4WD National Rally Series part of the event.
WA co-drivers Ben Searcy and Craig Adams will call the shots for Victorian Steve MacKenzie in a Ford Fiesta and South Australia’s Declan Dwyer in a Mitsubishi Evo VI respectively.
Catford
Committee Member
Committee Member

Postby Catford on Tue May 21, 2013 3:26 pm

www.rally.com.au wrote:Honda And Evans Set For Record-Breaking Win
Tuesday, 21 May 2013 09:19

Eli Evans and his Honda Jazz are hoping to break Possum Bourne’s record by winning nine rallies from nine starts at this weekend’s Scouts Rally in South Australia.
“This is going to be the closest event all year,” Evans said. “We’re all going to be on par and it will be up to the team that pushes the hardest that will take home the crown. The super-fast stages will test us all but I’m confident the Honda Jazz can hold its own.”
The Scouts Rally stages are equally divided between fast smooth council roads and rough technical forest roads. The front-wheel drive cars will have an advantage in the forest while the rear-wheel drives will be better on the council stages.

Eli Evans and co-driver Glen Weston will go into battle with their Evans Motorsport teammates Mark Pedder and co-driver Claire Ryan.
Ryan is a local South Australian and is looking forward to a home-ground advantage for her and driver Mark Pedder. “This rally is special for me as I’m a local Adelaide Hills girl. South Australia has some of the best drivers in the country as the state championship is a pace-noted event. I’m delighted everyone can showcase their talents this weekend.
“Being here as part of the Honda team and having my friends and family here to support me means so much,” Ryan said.
The Scouts Rally marks the half-way point of the championship and the battle is certainly unfolding at the top. Those competitors that haven’t had a DNF (Did Not Finish) at the end of this weekend will have a good chance in the championship.
The Scouts Rally will run from Friday 24 to Sunday 26 May in the Barossa Valley.
Catford
Committee Member
Committee Member

Postby Catford on Tue May 21, 2013 3:29 pm

www.rally.com.au wrote:Synergy Rallysport Ready for Scouts
Friday, 17 May 2013 10:16

Synergy Rallysport will make their 2013 season debut at the Scouts Rally of SA after a successful 2012 event, where the team secured outright SARC Group N in their Mitsubishi EVO 7RS. The Scouts Rally of SA will be a challenging event for the team who have entered the ARC competition for the first time, as well as contesting their local SARC.
The Synergy Rallysport EVO 7RS has had some off season modifications, welcoming a move out of Group N to P5 Class taking advantage of an unrestricted turbo and 98 octane fuel. With these new modifications the team hopes to be competitive against the ARC 4WD and local SARC entries.

Last year was Driver Josh Doyle and Co-driver Kate Lehmann’s first season as a pairing whereby the foundations were built as a competitive team to watch this season.
This year Synergy Rallysport have had a less than ideal start to their SARC campaign having to withdrawn from Round One at Rallye Wattle Range post Targa Tasmania tragedies.
“Sadly we had to miss what would have been an ideal shake down for the EVO 7RS in its new P5 state and a warm up for our local ARC round, Scouts Rally of SA. It may take us a few stages to get up to speed, however I am confident that we can pick up from where we left off at the end of last season with consistent commitment to our well developed pace notes,” Kate Lehmann said.
Scouts Rally of SA is the second round of the SARC with Driver Josh Doyle and Co-Driver Kate Lehmann focussed on making a strong return in their home event.
“It is a great opportunity to measure ourselves against the nation’s best. It is our aspiration to compete in a full ARC season, so getting such experience locally will certainly give us a taste for it,” Josh Doyle said.
Synergy Rallysport would like to thank their supporters who keep them rallying; Action Line Marking SA, Check It Out Graphics, Team Catford, Jamestown Engineering and Manufacturing, AutObarn Mile End, Blackwood Hire, SA Motorsport Tyres, Garyta Design, Limitless Media Productions and all Synergy Squad Members.
For more information on Synergy Rallysport head to www.synergyrallysport.com or ‘like’ them on Facebook www.facebook.com/SynergyRallysport
Catford
Committee Member
Committee Member

Postby Catford on Mon May 27, 2013 11:34 pm

www.rally.com.au wrote:Evans Leaves Rivals Deflated
Friday, 24 May 2013 16:42

He’s leading the points Championship and this weekend Eli Evans has a chance to re-write one of Possum Bourne’s records, yet at every opportunity the Honda driver is finding ways to demoralize his rivals as was the case at this morning’s Pedders Power Stage in South Australia.

Held over a shortened Mt Crawford course, taking drivers through the pine plantation and native gum tree forests, the Power Stage for Scouts Rally SA kicked off this morning under overcast skies.

Months of dry weather in the Adelaide hills has left the roads hard packed and largely dry, although heavy rain earlier in the week had left some corners slippery in spots.

During the morning’s two qualifying runs Eli Evans had been unmatched, his rivals coming tantalizingly close to the Honda drivers times but not being able to better them.

Early dramas for Will Orders, the Victorian driver finding his rebuilt Nissan Silvia was again beset with problems. “It felt terrible off the line, and it only got worse,” explained co-driver Toni Feaver after the first qualifying run.

The team hurriedly identified a fuel feed issue and set about removing and cleaning the cars injectors. The solution worked, and Orders was able to get going again, only to find he’d missed the second qualifying run and would be ineligible for the Power Stage.

Meanwhile Scott Pedder’s two qualifying runs were just fast enough to see him progress into the Power Stage, but he too had concerns with his Renault Clio.

“It feels like the car has rear brakes only,” Scott said. “The team say nothing has changed between this rally and the last, all I know is the car finished the Forest Rally with no brakes problems whatsoever.”

Molly Taylor, daughter of co-driving legend Coral, has made a welcome return to the East Coast Bullbars Australian Rally Championship, jetting in from Europe to compete this weekend in an Innate Motorsport prepared Fiesta R2. Her times were just off the pace to qualify for the Power Stage, but she earned a wild card entry and would be the first of six cars into the stage.

“What a fantastic stage!” she beamed at the finish line, her time of 2 minutes and 8.2 seconds setting a benchmark for the five trailing drivers to better.

“I’m loving being home (in Australia), and I love this rally in South Australia,” Molly continued. “I had a lot of fun on the Power Stage, although the roads is becoming more and more slippery in spots as more cars progress over it so I’m sure my time just then will be slower than my last qualifying run.”

With brake concerns at the back of his mind, Scott Pedder wound the brake bias in his Renault all the way forward for the Power Stage, the result almost immediately worse.

“It feels awful, worse than better, I’m starting to wonder if the brake bias has been installed backwards and all I did was wind more rear bias into the car, instead of balancing it to the front?” explained a dismayed Pedder.

“On top of that we had a big spin, because of the brakes. If we aren’t the slowest time I’ll be shocked!” And he was right, his time almost 17 seconds slower than Molly’s and a full 25 seconds slower than his qualifying times.

Sporting a new rear wing on his Mazda2 Brendan Reeves blasted away into the stage and by the end he had set a time of 2 minutes and 0.7 seconds.

“On the first corner I’d seen Scott Pedder was taking a bit of a cut, so I gave it a go too, not sure if it was worth it or not. And on the last corner I turned in early and had to back out and then have another go, so that cost me time too,” Brendan said.

“Not a bad time, pretty much the same as my qualifying time, but I know Eli (Evans) and Tom (Wilde) went faster in qualifying, so my chances aren’t looking so good right now.”

Local hot shot, and crowd favourite, Jack Monkhouse was next into the stage, power sliding his rear-drive Nissan Silvia through the opening corners. By the flying finish he was fully committed, only to find an inflatable sponsor arch way positioned directly over the finish line had begun to deflate.

Never shy of taking a risk with the arch sagging towards the road, Monkhouse blasted underneath with the arch clipping the roof before it finally deflated onto the road.

“Wow, what was going on there!” Monkhouse exclaimed, a grin from ear to ear.

“I had a fairly good run on the stage. I’d pushed hard in qualifying and the time wasn’t great, so I tried to be a bit neater that run, brake a bit earlier, and the time was about the same, so go figure!” His time was the first to break the two-minute barrier, Monkhouse moving into the lead with a 1 minute 59.8 seconds.

The fastest two drivers from the morning’s qualifying remained - Tom Wilde and Eli Evans.

First onto the stage was Wilde, his Renault Clio screaming at high revs through the forests, crossing the finish line marginally slower than Monkhouse with a time of 1 minute and 59.9 seconds.

“I thought I’d had a pretty neat run but it wasn’t enough. Congrats to Jack, he did very well in there and that’s a pretty amazing time,” Tom said.

Lucky last to run was Eli Evans, the winner of the last Power Stage in Western Australia, and current points leader in the Championship.

His father Peter was waiting nervously at the finish. “He’d said just before the stage that he had a bit more up his sleeve from the qualifying runs this morning. I told him that you don’t win the rally on a stage like this.”

But Peter had nothing to fear, Eli powering into view and crossing the finish line a remarkable 1.3 seconds faster than Monkhouse, his final time a 1 minute 58.5 seconds.

“Damn it, why doesn’t he ever make a mistake,” Monkhouse joked.

“That’s 2 in a row!” beamed Evans. “I’m totally out of breath, I don’t think I took a breath the entire stage. I had a few moments in there, I was pushing hard but that’s an amazing result and I’m so happy for the team and for Honda.”

“Every time I get in the car it seems to go faster and faster. I was really nervous before the stage, I won’t lie about that. I was a bit untidy in corners, it’s not what I wanted, but I was able to carry enough speed into other corners and I was able to pull it off.”

“I’m happy to take the points though, that keeps the pressure on Scott Pedder in the points race, and that might come in very handy by the end of the year. I feel like a bit of pressure is off me now and I can go into the rally this weekend looking to have a bit of fun,” Eli concluded.

Drivers regroup tonight at Gawler Showgrounds for an ‘under lights’ Super Special stage in front of what is expected to be a bumper crowd, action kicks off at 6pm (SA time).

Power Stage Times

1. Eli Evans (Honda Jazz) 1:58.486

2. Jack Monkhouse (Nissan Silvia) 1:59.776

3. Tom Wilde (Renault Clio) 1:59.872

4. Brendan Reeves (Mazda2) 2:00.684

5. Molly Taylor (Ford Fiesta Rd2) 2:08.205

6. Scott Pedder (Renault Clio) 2:25.610

Catford
Committee Member
Committee Member

Next

Return to Other Hillclimb's/Track Event's/Rally Championships