Power window regulator issue

Welcomes and Introductions! Car related topics only.

Moderator: MGEC Committee

Power window regulator issue

Postby gilly on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:18 am

Hey, got an issue with my wifes Astra (I assume most power window assemblies are fairly similar).
The right rear power window has failed. The cable has not snapped, but I did find a loose cable with a spring and metal thing on the end. So it appears if has just popped out of place and could possibly be just snapped back in.
For the life of me I could not find where it goes or how to get it back in - there isnt much visibility or space in the small cavity.

Do you think a mechanic or wrecker could fix this? Or is it impossible without removing the whole thing or replacing with a new regulator?
gilly
MGEC Web Team
MGEC Web Team

Re: Power window regulator issue

Postby joshhasapulsar on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:42 am

wat astra is it mate
most regulators are non serviceable items
TS astra had a really comon fault with snapping off the plastic clips on the regulators
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<FOR SALE EVO IX<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
joshhasapulsar
General Forum User

Postby joshhasapulsar on Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:44 am

wat astra is it mate
TS astra had a really comon fault with snapping off the plastic clips on the regulators
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<FOR SALE EVO IX<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
joshhasapulsar
General Forum User

Postby gilly on Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:22 am

joshhasapulsar wrote:wat astra is it mate

Yeah its a 2001 TS CD.
We have already had the LHGS fail a couple of years ago, but that time the cable snapped I think.
Will probably be buying a brand new one for $55 - just need to wait till mid-week when it arrives.
gilly
MGEC Web Team
MGEC Web Team

Return to General Car Chit Chat