94 gsr 4G63 microtech install

Anything that buzz, glows or requires electrons.

Moderator: MGEC Committee

94 gsr 4G63 microtech install

Postby ellgavo on Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:37 pm

gday guys...

just having issues with my microtech install... i bought the car a year ago stolen recovered with minor damage..
since then had alot of ecu probs...the whole harness was cut off at the microtech ecu...joining the existing wires hasnt
been a prob as they were cut in a way to rejoin em all aesy but my problem lies under the dash off the original harness..
the wires have been cut and i have no idea where they go..so far all ive found are the wiper and brake booster wires and they work
fine..im not getting any spark at the plugs but have power to the coil..could it be the coil?? ive changed the igniter and just about all the
others ive gone over the harness and the wires are all in the right positions but still no spark... under the stereo theres 2 relays 1 for feul pump and another for ecu power..having issues with that too...what i really need is a wiring diagram or something near close to it as im pissing in the wind atm..any help
is much appreciated as been on this for 3 weeks solid and stuck,,,cheers
gav
ellgavo
General Forum User

Re: 94 gsr 4G63 microtech install

Postby hendo on Mon Jul 05, 2010 8:12 am

where are you? if you need to you can have a look at my car
hendo
Committee Member
Committee Member

Postby ellgavo on Mon Jul 05, 2010 10:59 am

gday champ im in sydney and im goin mad...
under the stereo theres 2 relays...fuel pump..i know the trigger wire but nothing else..the other relay is for the ecu power up i think..ive conected that but theres 1 wire that looks like a trigger or something..ill take photos of em and post em up can some1 tell me how to post up pics please....
ellgavo
General Forum User

Postby bmgtz on Mon Jul 05, 2010 11:50 pm

suggestion......take the whole lot out and get a standard uncut harness along with an standard ecu. Install with an ecmlink in the standard ecu and your away. an ecmlink is basically like a flash able chip inside the standard ecu. in other words it makes the ecu adjustable

google ecmlink and you will see what i mean .....you will need the ecmlite version

every thing works because every thing is then as factory...
brian

93 GSR LANCER 4g63 conversion..red
just plain fun to drive

94 GSR LANCER 6 bolt forged 4G63 conversion....white....turbo big enough to rent out as a spare bedroom

2003 evo 8 blue
Shiny stuff with HKS written on it

PERTH
bmgtz
General Forum User

Return to Audio/Electrical