Phillcom Rally Time Attack Round 3 - General Chat

Round 3 of the Phillcom Rally Time Attack Series 2010 at Mallala Motor Sport Park! 2010 SERIES FINAL!

Moderator: MGEC Committee

Re: Phillcom Rally Time Attack Round 3 - General Chat

Postby billy boy on Tue Oct 05, 2010 6:32 am

Great work guys - twas a fantastic day out :)
MGEC Committee
we are fascinated by that which can destroy us...
billy boy
Committee Member
Committee Member

Postby Catford on Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:22 pm

Congratulations to Steve Knight for holding out fast finishing Keir Wilson and Jason Unkovich in the Top 10 Shoot-Out to claim the Round 3 Outright Event Winner!

Further congratulations to all trophy winners and personal best runners!

Phillcom Rally Time Attack Round 3 <PROVISIONAL RESULTS>

Steve Knight's earlier session time of 01:13.057 in the EVO 6 was enough to claim maximum round points for Phillcom Rally, contributing to Phillcom Rally's outright standing in the 2010 Time Attack Series!

<Time Attack Series 2010 RESULTS>

1st Place: PHILLCOM RALLY Steve Knight - EVO 6 1:13.949 (Series Mean) 114 POINTS
2nd Place: WILLALL RACING Keir Wilson - R35 GTR 1:13.939 (Series Mean) 112 POINTS
3rd Place: LAKEVIEW CHIROPRACTIC Brad Trenwith - FD3S RX7 1:14.206 (Series Mean) 110 POINTS

Thanks to all CAMS and MGEC volunteers and officials, especially Andrew Robinson for his Clerk of Course duty at Monday's event.

Special thanks to all our Time Attack Series sponsors for their aid, support, and rivalry during 2010.

Time Attack Sponsors
Phillcom Rally
Infinity Signs
Willall Racing
Lakeview Chiropractic
Adelaide Radial Tyre
S & J Automotive
Autosport
Australian Motors Mitsubishi

Tristan Catford
MGEC Committee
Catford
Committee Member
Committee Member

Postby SKR on Wed Oct 06, 2010 12:24 am

Thanks Tristan/ MGEC and all those involved in a great low cost series. It is a big + for the club.
A fantastic result for myself and Phillcom Rally, 3rd in round 1,2nd in round 2, 1st in the final.
Good to see an Evo finally won a round, Lots of stiff competition from other teams. We have all been improving through natural development because of our competitive streak we all must have, no one is able rest on their laurels.Good bunch of guys to run with.

The evo performed well,although could not rev past 7000 rpm and had to short shift due to misfire caused by ,I think not enough dry lash on the head,this will be checked very shortly.
Driver was also very secondhand ,lack of sleep due to a car not running on boost when on dyno 9.30 previous evening caused most of the night looking for the problem ,compounded by flaring stomach ulcer , I could only do minimum laps.

I knew the car could do the job but not sure if I could.
Thanks to Phillcom Rally, Leigh, Andrew and everyone that pitched in to help in the preparation and on the day ,with both car and driver.
Thanks also to MGEC, Officials and flaggies and everyone who participates in making these events as good as they are.
I hope all had a good time.
Thank you
Steve Knight SKR
SKR
MGEC Current Member
MGEC Current Member

Postby RS EVO on Wed Oct 13, 2010 7:46 am

Once again an awesome drive by you Steve, great to see all your hard work getting the result you were looking for and im sure you will be even faster next year. Also a massive thanks to Steve, Leigh and Artur for a last minute clutch change in the evo which meant I was able to run on the day.
MGEC Committee
RS EVO
General Forum User

Postby Doctor on Thu Oct 21, 2010 6:48 pm

Ok, Congrats to the winners, well done to the organisers, and thanks to everyone else.

This is the last chance for competitors to get in on the Photo Package as we are Meeting next week to finalise everything and get the stuff out to you all! (Yeah, delayed we know, but we all work day jobs too!) So please PM me if you want a photo package, include your Car Number, Car, Rego (If it exists for that car) and we will get back to you with any other details required!

Cheers
I used to play sports. Then I realized you can buy trophies. Now I’m good at everything.

Oversteer Scares The Passengers , Understeer Scares The Driver

WWW.BRASSMUNKYMEDIA.COM.AU
Doctor
General Forum User

Postby Doctor on Tue Nov 09, 2010 2:31 pm

Can any competitors that are getting a photo package please contact me Via PM or Email regarding payment and Delivery, I will hopefully be PM'ing everyone as well...
I used to play sports. Then I realized you can buy trophies. Now I’m good at everything.

Oversteer Scares The Passengers , Understeer Scares The Driver

WWW.BRASSMUNKYMEDIA.COM.AU
Doctor
General Forum User

Previous

Return to Phillcom Rally Time Attack Round 3 October 4th 2010