Phillcom Rally Time Attack Round 1 - General Chat

Round 1 of the Phillcom Rally Time Attack Series 2010 at Mallala Motor Sport Park!

Moderator: MGEC Committee

Re: Phillcom Rally Time Attack Round 1 - General Chat

Postby Catford on Thu Mar 11, 2010 7:44 pm

Awesome montage, nearly burnt Corey :P

What tight competition for the first round, especially with so many regulars unable to make the event.

Good to see an all MGEC member AWD class clean sweep!

Commiserations to Glenn Latter in #19 who travelled from Ballarat, VIC to represent the Lakeview Chiropractic Team, only to retire in the early sessions with what sounded like a gearbox issue when passing through the timing bay. Hopefully Glenn is able to commit to future MGEC events.

Thanks to the spectators and members for supporting the event on Monday, the hill and competitor garage area at lunch time were swarming!
Catford
Committee Member
Committee Member

Postby vortex on Fri Mar 12, 2010 6:13 am

Catford wrote:Commiserations to Glenn Latter in #19 who travelled from Ballarat, VIC to represent the Lakeview Chiropractic Team, only to retire in the early sessions with what sounded like a gearbox issue when passing through the timing bay. Hopefully Glenn is able to commit to future MGEC events.

He's keen to come back for Round 2, his car makes around the same power as Brads so it could get interesting at the top when he's in full flight! :)
FD3S!
vortex
General Forum User

Postby qikfd on Wed Mar 17, 2010 12:27 pm

Catford wrote:Commiserations to Glenn Latter in #19 who travelled from Ballarat, VIC to represent the Lakeview Chiropractic Team, only to retire in the early sessions with what sounded like a gearbox issue when passing through the timing bay. Hopefully Glenn is able to commit to future MGEC events.

Thanks Tristan,

I am keen to come back and redeem try and myself :D It is an awesome track and although I only did one timed lap I still enjoyed the day spectating.

The gearbox was starting to make noises during the practice session and failed altogether in the timed run.

Thanks to everone for making a Victorian feel welcome :D

Cheers
Glenn
qikfd
General Forum User

Previous

Return to Phillcom Rally Time Attack Round 1 March 8th 2010