Phillcom Rally Time Attack Round 2 - General Chat

Round 2 of the Tuner House Series at Mallala Motor Sport Park!

Moderator: MGEC Committee

Phillcom Rally Time Attack Round 2 - General Chat

Postby Catford on Thu Aug 06, 2009 9:30 pm

Here is the place to have general discussion on the Phillcom Rally Time Attack Round 2 5th October 2009!

Please also check out the Information and FAQs section and Phillcom Rally Time Attack Round 1 - General Chat for further answers!
Catford
Committee Member
Committee Member

Re: Phillcom Rally Time Attack Round 2 - General Chat

Postby Catford on Sun Aug 23, 2009 8:09 pm

Only 10 spots left!

If anyone who expressed initial interest has not sent entry form and payment, we suggest you do not hold off! The event is expected to fill by months end.

MGEC Committee.
Catford
Committee Member
Committee Member

Postby joshhasapulsar on Sun Aug 23, 2009 9:50 pm

im going to hold off as long as i can i just need to wait till its tuned and every thing is A ok.
<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<FOR SALE EVO IX<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<
joshhasapulsar
General Forum User

Postby benno11 on Sun Aug 30, 2009 7:05 pm

There are already reserves avaliable for this.. what are the rules and regulations on cancellations?
benno11
General Forum User

Postby gotachicky on Mon Aug 31, 2009 10:03 pm

benno11 wrote:There are already reserves avaliable for this.. what are the rules and regulations on cancellations?

No refund if you've entered and paid and don't show up on the day, There's too many other people who want to be out there but wont get the chance because of limited entries.
MGEC Treasurer
"I Can't Drive" Kart Mania 2010
gotachicky
General Forum User

Postby benno11 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:38 am

StickerS wrote:
benno11 wrote:There are already reserves avaliable for this.. what are the rules and regulations on cancellations?

No refund if you've entered and paid and don't show up on the day, There's too many other people who want to be out there but wont get the chance because of limited entries.

Where are the cancellation regulations for this event?
Exactly right.. there are too many people on the waiting list and if people are thinking of pulling out then thsy should do before the event. At what stage do you or dont you get your full money/half money back?
benno11
General Forum User

Postby gotachicky on Tue Sep 01, 2009 3:59 pm

benno11 wrote:
StickerS wrote:

Where are the cancellation regulations for this event?
Exactly right.. there are too many people on the waiting list and if people are thinking of pulling out then thsy should do before the event. At what stage do you or dont you get your full money/half money back?

At this level of CAMS competition, it is at the discretion of the Event Secretary to include and exclude particular details in the Supplementary Regulations.
MGEC has not published any refund/cancellation regulations as the event refund policy is completely at the descretion of MGEC.
Are you thinking of pulling out? If you want to withdraw with a genuine reason please forward MGEC a letter of withdrawal. If you enter and do not turn up on the day, it is regarded the same as withdrawing, thus no refund. I hope this clears up all your concerns.
MGEC Treasurer
gotachicky
General Forum User

Postby benno11 on Tue Sep 01, 2009 7:13 pm

no i dont wanna pull out.. I just find it weird that you have reserves but no refund/cancellation policy - How are the reserves going to be more than reserves?
benno11
General Forum User

Postby gotachicky on Tue Sep 01, 2009 8:31 pm

benno11 wrote:no i dont wanna pull out.. I just find it weird that you have reserves but no refund/cancellation policy - How are the reserves going to be more than reserves?

As above, cancellations are at the discretion of the committee.
MGEC Treasurer
gotachicky
General Forum User

Postby Catford on Thu Sep 10, 2009 11:59 pm

--Announcement--

10/09/2009

Due to popularity and the overwhelming demand for a starting position in the Phillcom Rally Time Attack Round 2, entries have been extended to 36.

Entries are NOW at capacity; however the Mitsubishi GSR/EVO Club is still accepting entries in the event of late withdrawals.

For event updates please refer to the <Supplementary Regulations>.

MGEC Committee.
Catford
Committee Member
Committee Member

Postby benno11 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 8:13 am

That is pretty poor form MGEC. Money on the agenda much? The initial idea behind the time attack series was to allow for a greater amount of track time for those entries that were commited as I read in the other thread on a first come first serve basis and now you go ahead and do this. It was always very very clear of the maximum amount of numbers with the thread below stating only 10 spots left very clearly and that the event was expected to fill only 3 weeks ago! This has decreased the amount of track time for each intial competitor by 17%, So can the initial entrants expect $30 in their bank accounts from MGEC?

Catford wrote:Only 10 spots left!

If anyone who expressed initial interest has not sent entry form and payment, we suggest you do not hold off! The event is expected to fill by months end.

MGEC Committee.
benno11
General Forum User

Postby Catford on Fri Sep 11, 2009 5:54 pm

Hi Brenton,

Thank you for your inquiry about the Phillcom Rally Time Attack Round 2. This event has received a huge amount of interest and we have been overwhelmed with entries.

After receiving numerous requests to be able to enter additional cars from the Tuners Houses, the executive decision was made to extend the entry list to 36. The amount of track time was a major consideration in this decision.

IF you had read the revised supplementary regulations, you would have noticed that to accommodate these extra entries we have increased the number of vehicles on the circuit at one time, while still providing competitors with their clear timed hot lap. This, collectively with an extra afternoon session, will provide competitors with more track time than first promoted in the original supplementary regulations.

I hope this has answered your query and we look forward to seeing you out on the track.

Regards,

MGEC Committee.
Catford
Committee Member
Committee Member

Postby benno11 on Fri Sep 11, 2009 6:43 pm

Catford wrote:Hi Brenton,

Thank you for your inquiry about the Phillcom Rally Time Attack Round 2. This event has received a huge amount of interest and we have been overwhelmed with entries.

After receiving numerous requests to be able to enter additional cars from the Tuners Houses, the executive decision was made to extend the entry list to 36. The amount of track time was a major consideration in this decision.

IF you had read the revised supplementary regulations, you would have noticed that to accommodate these extra entries we have increased the number of vehicles on the circuit at one time, while still providing competitors with their clear timed hot lap. This, collectively with an extra afternoon session, will provide competitors with more track time than first promoted in the original supplementary regulations.

I hope this has answered your query and we look forward to seeing you out on the track.

Regards,

MGEC Committee.

Yes I have read the supps mate, and it is from memory double the amount of cars on the track at once now. I liked the idea of being one of only 3 cars on the track at any time, now there will be 6. So maybe it should be 50% of initial entrants funds back?
I dont agre with your comment that the tuner houses have wanted more entries.. I dont care who wanted more entries, it was very specific initially to the number of cars allowed in total, the number on the track at any one time, when you were requesting fundsand when places were filling up.
The major marketing strategy behind this event very much appeared to be the exclusivety of the event.
When we have another 4 people on the reserve list are you going to change the supps again and let those entrants in aswell?
As an MGEC member i am highly dissapointed
benno11
General Forum User

Postby Catford on Sat Sep 12, 2009 8:32 am

Brenton,

If you are going to generalise "facts" please ensure they are correct. The supplementary regulations for this event and all previous Time Attack events have never stated that there will be numbers as low as 3 on the track at one time.

Amendments were made to the supplementary regulations to accommodate those Tuning House competitors who requested the opportunity to enter additional cars. We have not merely accepted more competitors; but rather accommodated the request for current competitors/sponsors to run additional cars. These amendments have resulted in more track time for all competitors.

If you are still unhappy about receiving more track time than you originally entered and paid for, as above, you are more than welcome to submit a letter of withdrawal for the MGEC Committee’s consideration.

Regards,

MGEC Committee.
Catford
Committee Member
Committee Member

Postby benno11 on Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:16 am

MOD EDIT - pointless post removed.

Brenton this subject has been clarified for you twice quite clearly. For your future reference please reread the last line of the above post.
benno11
General Forum User

Next

Return to Phillcom Rally Time Attack Round 2 October 5th 2009